The Winter 2024 issue of ‘Cherry Lodge News’ has recently been sent to everyone on the Cherry Lodge Cancer Care mailing list. It is also possible, via this website, to download a pdf of the newsletter to read onscreen or to print out. Note that if you no longer wish to receive a copy of the newsletter by post, you can unsubscribe by contacting Tina by phone on 020 8441 7000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Included in this issue are:
- ‘‘Christmas Fair’, a report by CL volunteer, Freddy Kater, on our very sucessful and enjoyable annual fair, held at St James’ church, East Barnet on Saturday 24th November.
- ‘All Change!’, written by CL founder, Dr Margaret Clark, who has recently retired after 27 years as Chairman of the CL Trustees. Margaret describes her time at Cherry Lodge as being most rewarding, expresses thanks to staff, trustees and volunteers for their skill and commitment, and is confident that CL will flourish under the new joint chairmanship of Dr Katherine Edwards and Sarah Armitage.
- ‘Kiran – unsung hero of outreach!’, a tribute to volunteer acupuncturist and reiki practitioner, Kiran Gargesh, written by outreach nurse Kirsty Mabb.
- ‘Welcome to Cherry Lodge’. in which Linda Patrick, who took up the new post of CL Operations Manager in October 2023, introduces herself more widely.
- The ‘Bits & Pieces’ notice board: with a post about Charlotte’s interview on BBC Radio London in November, telling people about CL’s very special place in the community; as well as details of the prizes and prize winners at the CL Grand Annual Raffe.
- The ‘Our Services & Approach’ page, a very useful, up to date summary.
Newsletter editor Grant asks readers who have any news, thoughts or comments to please email him at email@example.com or pass a message on through someone at Howard House.
Click here to access the complete Winter 2024 Newsletter.
To access our three most recent newsletters, our latest Annual Report and a current Cherry Lodge leaflet, go to the About Us page of the website and then click on the appropriate item in the right-hand column under Downloads.