The Winter 2020-21 issue of “Cherry Lodge News” (published in February 2021) has recently been sent to everyone on the Cherry Lodge Cancer Care mailing list. It is also possible, via this website, to download a pdf of the newsletter to read onscreen or to print out. Note that if you no longer wish to receive a copy of the newsletter by post, you can unsubscribe by contacting Tina by phone on 020 8441 7000 or by email.
Included in this issue are:
- “Lights of Love Ceremony 2020”, by Freddy K, describing how this year’s ceremony, though very different from usual, retained the essential spirit of this annual event and proved to be extremely moving.
- A “Warm Welcome” to Amanda Summers, who joined the CL board of trustees last Autumn.
- “Cancer Diagnosis during the Covid Pandemic”, an account by Dan L , aged 39, with a wife and three children, of his initial panic on being diagnosed with cancer and of the comfort and support he has received from Cherry Lodge.
- “Kirsty’s Thoughts” – further information from our Outreach Nurse on how CL has been helping people given a new diagnosis of cancer since the arrival of Covid-19.
- A “Message from Tina”, CL’s Fundraising Events Coordinator, thanking everyone who has helped raise funds for CL in these challenging times, and asking for new fundraising suggestions.
- Brief reports on some past events: Summer Soulstice Virtual 2020; Large Aid from Psychobilly Kicks Back; Comedy Nights via Zoom; and CL’s Grand Raffle.
- “Events for your Diary” (pandemic permitting): Summer Soulstice 2021 on 26th June; The London Marathon on 3rd October; and our Autumn Ball on 23rd October.
- A “Letter to the Editor”, from Marilyn, asking how CL can manage its finances faced with the loss of fundraising income from our usual wonderful events and charity shop sales. In her reply, Carole Manning (CL Hon. Treasurer), assures Marilyn (and others) that we “will use our reserves to keep the Cherry Lodge ship afloat until calmer waters arrive”.
- “Our Services & Approach”, providing information on the services that are currently available and others that have had to be suspended due to the Covid pandemic.
The Cherry Lodge newsletter is edited by Grant Whitaker, who writes: “If you would like to comment or provide us with some content please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a note at Howard House”.
Click here to access the complete Winter 2020-21 newsletter (published February 2021).
To access our three most recent newsletters, our latest Annual Report and a current Cherry Lodge leaflet, go to the About Us page of the website and then click on the appropriate item in the right-hand column under Downloads.