The Autumn 2022 issue of “Cherry Lodge News” has recently been sent to everyone on the Cherry Lodge Cancer Care mailing list. It is also possible, via this website, to download a pdf of the newsletter to read onscreen or to print out. Note that if you no longer wish to receive a copy of the newsletter by post, you can unsubscribe by contacting Tina by phone on 020 8441 7000 or by email.
Included in this issue are:
- ‘An Atlantic Adventure’, written by CL Newsletter editor Grant Whitaker, giving a ‘blow by blow’ account of Marc Sidney’s very impressive fundraising voyage across the Atlantic. Marc’s endeavour raised £8,300, shared equally between CL Cancer Care and North London Hospice in memory of family friend Amanda Summers.
- ‘An Outing with a difference’, in which Mary and Jim Callaghan describe a very special visit by a group from Cherry Lodge to see and in some cases handle the animals at Pages Stud Farm Cattery in Elstree.
- ‘The Big Payback’, celebrating the handover of a big cheque for a record £50,000 from the 2022 Summer Soulstice Festival. Special thanks are offered here to Jamie Topham for his huge commitment to Soulstice and to Cherry Lodge, playing a major role in raising a mammoth £475,000 since the first festival in 2007.
- Publicity for upcoming Fundraising Events, including the CL Pink Tombola on 15th October, a Flower Demonstration and Workshop with Iris on 3rd November, and the CL Christmas Fair on 26th November.
- An advert for CL’s selection of Christmas Cards, on sale now at 10 for £3.50.
- ‘Our Services and Approach’ page, a very useful summary with newly updated information as CL gradually emerges from the pandemic.
Newsletter editor Grant asks readers who have any news, thoughts or comments to please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or pass a message on through someone at Howard House.
Click here to access the complete Autumn 2022 Newsletter.
To access our three most recent newsletters, our latest Annual Report and a current Cherry Lodge leaflet, go to the About Us page of the website and then click on the appropriate item in the right-hand column under Downloads.