Home Visits by Befrienders (now Telephone or Outdoors Only)
March 2022: Home Visiting by Befrienders has not yet restarted. Some outdoor visits are now taking place, and befrienders and befriendees are keeping in touch by telephone. For more information, phone her on 020 8441 7000 or email email@example.com.
What is a Befriender?
A Cherry Lodge Befriender is a suitably trained volunteer who makes home visits to someone living with cancer, their relative or carer, offering them emotional and practical support. Befrienders help in whatever way is appropriate in the circumstances. Generally, they will visit once a week on a regular basis to provide support and companionship, as well as some help with light practical tasks.
When do you Need a Home Visit?
- When you are having medical treatment and feeling too unwell to go out
- When you are feeling lonely and isolated due to your illness
- When you are housebound
- When you are just about to leave hospital and need some support at home
- When you want to talk to someone about how you are feeling
How would a Home Visit Help?
- Rebuild your confidence
- Give your carer a break
- Provide some companionship
- Assist by collecting a prescription or going to the bank
- Accompany you on hospital appointments
- Someone to share your interests
- An opportunity to talk about how you are feeling
Requesting a Befriender
If you are interested in having a Befriender from Cherry Lodge or have any questions about the service please contact Yvonne Shield on 020 8441 7000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org