The Summer 2022 issue of “Cherry Lodge News” has recently been sent to everyone on the Cherry Lodge Cancer Care mailing list. It is also possible, via this website, to download a pdf of the newsletter to read onscreen or to print out. Note that if you no longer wish to receive a copy of the newsletter by post, you can unsubscribe by contacting Tina by phone on 020 8441 7000 or by email.
Included in this issue are:
- Reflexology in Action at Cherry Lodge, written by Androulla (Andi) Salhani, who has been practising this very valuable therapy at CL for more than 20 years
- Amanda Summers RIP: a moving tribute to local businesswoman and CL trustee, written by CL chairman, Margaret M. Clark
- ‘Letter to the Editor’: about the use of scalp cooling to mitigate hair loss due to chemotherapy
- Publicity for upcoming Fundraising Events, including Summer Soulstice 2022 on 25 June, East Barnet Festival on 2 July, an Arkley Club CHA Night on 29 July, and the 2022 London Marathon on 2 October
- The ‘Bits and Pieces’ notice board, including publicity for the annual CL Grand Raffle (tickets now on sale), and an appeal for experienced complementary therapists and counsellors as well as people who can offer 2 or 3 hours a week to help in our shop. Note that the telephone number given for the shop is incorrect. It should be 020 8440 6287.
- ‘Our Services and Approach’ page, a very useful summary with newly updated information as CL gradually and cautiously emerges from the pandemic.
The Cherry Lodge newsletter is edited by Grant Whitaker, with assistance from Freddy Kater. Grant asks readers who have any news, thoughts or comments to please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or pass a message on through someone at Howard House.
Click here to access the complete Summer 2022 Newsletter.
To access our three most recent newsletters, our latest Annual Report and a current Cherry Lodge leaflet, go to the About Us page of the website and then click on the appropriate item in the right-hand column under Downloads.