The Autumn 2021 issue of “Cherry Lodge News” has recently been sent to everyone on the Cherry Lodge Cancer Care mailing list. It is also possible, via this website, to download a pdf of the newsletter to read onscreen or to print out. Note that if you no longer wish to receive a copy of the newsletter by post, you can unsubscribe by contacting Tina by phone on 020 8441 7000 or by email.
Included in this issue are:
- A spirited article by Mary Merridrew entitled ‘Not Just Any Old Charity Shop’. Mary is a frequent customer and enthusiastic admirer of the CL shop and urges readers to go to the shop to find a great range of goods and enjoy the company of friendly staff and helpful volunteers. Additional ‘Shop Stories’ from Susan, the manager, should also raise a smile.
- ‘Drop-in/Drop-out’, in which Mark Stevenson explains how respectable members of Cherry Lodge became drop outs in the face of Covid. After CL Tuesday Drop Ins at Howard House were suspended due to Covid, CL members began meeting safely outdoors to enjoy each other’s company at CL Tuesday Drop Outs. (Now held outside the Coffee Bean on Tuesday mornings from 10.30am).
- The sad tale of CL newsletter editor and trustee Grant Whitaker’s ‘Jersey Jaunt’, recounting how what should have been a relaxing few days on the holiday island became a nightmare after he tested positive for Covid.
- A Big Thank You to CL’s five London Marathon runners – Megan Jones, Ausaf Khan, Coralie Masters-Hill, Richard Stock and Christopher Travis – and a reminder that there is still time to sponsor them. Also mentioned is CL member Ann-Marie Wilson, who completed the marathon distance without using her wheelchair to raise money for North London Hospice.
- Regular features: the ‘Bits and Pieces’ notice board; and a summary of ‘Our Services & Approach’.
The Cherry Lodge newsletter is edited by Grant Whitaker, who writes: “If you would like to comment or provide us with some content please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a note at Howard House”. Having been indisposed by Covid (see mention above), Grant was very grateful to Freddy Kater, former editor of the newsletter, for her assistance with this issue.
Click here to access the complete Autumn 2021 Newsletter.
To access our three most recent newsletters, our latest Annual Report and a current Cherry Lodge leaflet, go to the About Us page of the website and then click on the appropriate item in the right-hand column under Downloads.