We are delighted to announce that the Cherry Lodge Shop was able to reopen on Monday 6th July 2020. Thank you to everyone who has helped make this possible. We have a wide range of high quality, good value items in stock and sales have been brisk from the start. Our photographs (below) were taken just before and soon after the shop reopened.
Update: From 8th July onwards, please phone first to check before bringing in donations
Thank you very much indeed to everyone who has already brought us items to sell. We would love to accept everyone’s donations straight away but storage and quarantining capacity are limited. We are therefore now asking people to phone the shop in advance to check whether we will have the space to accommodate their donations. (Also note that we can only accept donated goods from 9am to 10am.)
For any enquiries relating to the Cherry Lodge Shop, please call 020 8440 6287 and ask to speak to the Manager, Susan Brady, or Assistant Manager, Annys Douglas.
To help people shop safely, we are:
- asking customers to wear face coverings (following the change in government policy effective from 24th July)
- asking everyone to observe social distancing
- limiting the number of customers in the shop at any one time
- providing hand sanitiser at the door
- cleaning doors, surfaces and equipment regularly
- providing our staff and volunteers with gloves and have put up a protective screen in front of the till
- quarantining donations safely for 72 hours before putting them on sale
- encouraging people to use contactless payment if possible
We know that many people have been decluttering their homes during the lockdown and are now keen to bring us their unwanted items for sale in our shop to raise money for our many services. We will be delighted to receive donations daily between 9 and 10am – this will allow us to sort them for quarantining off-site before the shop opens to customers.
Please remember that our shop is small and that storage space onsite and off is limited. Can we therefore ask you to bring things to us gradually over a period of a few weeks and to start by donating items that you think will be most popular with our customers.
Click on the small images below to see larger, complete photographs.