UPDATE on 6 May 2016: WE ARE ON TRACK TO REOPEN NORMALLY TO MEMBERS ON MONDAY 9 MAY 2016. The AGM will be held at the Centre on Tuesday 10th May 2016 at 7.30pm.
The building work needed to repair and improve the Cherry Lodge Centre (Howard House) in Union Street, Barnet, is proceeding well but is unfortunately taking longer than expected.
The Centre is now scheduled to reopen normally to members on Monday 9th May 2016.
Updated Service Provision while the Centre remains closed:
• Nurses: Until Friday 29th April, our Cancer Information Nurses, Fiona and Kirsty, will continue to see members at Church House, Mary Immaculate and St Peter R.C. Church, 63 Somerset Road, New Barnet, EN5 1RF (see map below). From 3rd to 6th May, the nurses will be moving back into the Cherry Lodge Centre in Union Street and will be able to see members only in exceptional circumstances.
• Therapies: A limited range of therapies will be available at Church House, Somerset Road until Friday 29th April. There will be no therapy appointments from 3rd to 6th May.
• Tuesday morning Drop ins:
- Tuesday 19th April: No drop in but pre-chemo acupuncture will be available at Church House, Somerset Road.
- Tuesday 26th April: Drop in at Church House, Somerset Road, with limited therapies.
- Tuesday 3rd May: No drop in but pre-chemo acupuncture will be available at the Cherry Lodge Centre.
- Tuesday 10th May: First drop in back at the Cherry Lodge Centre in Union Street.
• Thursday evening Drop ins:
- Thursday 19th May: The first evening drop in after the closure will take place at the Cherry Lodge Centre in Union Street.
• Group activities:
- Qi gong, Yoga and the art group will continue without interruption.
- Site specific groups, carers group and Sunflower group will continue without interruption
- Meetings of the Singing Group will resume on Wednesday 11th May.
• Enquiries: Please use 020 8441 7000 (our usual telephone number) for all enquiries about appointments, the befriending service, fundraising and administration.
We apologise for the ongoing and extended disruption. However, we are confident that this extensive building work will significantly improve the Cherry Lodge experience. The photos below were taken on 26th April 2016, when building work was almost finished but there was still a lot of tidying up to do – including retrieving the many items that have been kindly stored at no expense by Gerson Relocation.